BANDtastic! Honor Bands
BANDtastic! is a program of Drum Corps International designed to celebrate the commitment to excellence made by middle school music programs all across the United States.
Participation in this program motivates middle school students to consider the arts as they make important skills development decisions for their high school years and beyond, and impact lifelong arts behaviors.
Students who participate in the BANDtastic! program will enjoy the following opportunities:
- Experience a once-in-a-lifetime performance in front of thousands of spectators as a part of the national schedule of DCI Tour events
- Take part in rehearsals and sectionals with professional artists and engaging educational clinicians
- Participate in a Kick It In! educational leadership session with industry renowned motivational speaker Fran Kick that is specifically designed to inspire and excite the minds of middle school students
- Take part in additional structured activities that promise to be packed full of engaging performances and speakers
- Tickets to the corresponding DCI Tour event and the opportunity to observe performances from the “best-of-the-best” marching music ensembles
- Exclusive BANDtastic! gear and “Swag” bags
How does it work?
1) Band directors nominate* students they feel have demonstrated a high level of commitment to their music departments. Criteria is at the discretion of the director and can be based on a variety of factors from musical talent, to merit, to involvement, to need.
2) Students are selected and accepted to the band based on their nominations. Every school that nominates will have at least two students accepted. Once registered, students will receive the music to rehearse in advance.
3) Accepted students get to experience a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to rehearse, perform and connect with other outstanding local musicians!
For more information about the BANDtastic! Honor Band program, please email BANDtastic@dci.org.
Related NewsView all news
by Drum Corps International4 key #DCI2022 takeaways from Regiment’s “Phan-A-Thon”
by Drum Corps InternationalTop 5 recommended shoe styles for DCI spring training